Renovations to UNF Arena, the residence of the University of North Florida Ospreys basketball and volleyball teams, are a several weeks absent from completion as the university celebrates its 50th anniversary year.
Development of the Financial institution of England Hospitality Suite — on the next floor overlooking the west baseline of the court — is in the closing phase. Set up of the new hardwood court docket flooring is mostly carried out but awaiting varnish.
The job is the first alternative of the initial arena courtroom ground and the initial set up of a hospitality suite considering that the indoor sports activities facility was built in January 1993, UNF Athletics officials informed the Situations-Union in an e-mail.
The believed total project price tag is $3.5 million.
UNF Arena enhancements:Ospreys basketball ready to swoop into a new year – with enhancements coming to UNF Arena
The arena seats 5,800 people today for sporting occasions. It also hosts unique events, concerts and graduations.
Its bottom seating can be collapsed to open up up area for 3 regulation basketball courts. Two half-basketball courts are located upstairs. The arena also houses racquetball courts, eight locker rooms, a instruction place, a kinesiology lab and the places of work of athletics administration and numerous coaching team.
Introduced previous October, the hospitality suite construction is developed to provide UNF Athletic donors with “a semi-personal place within just the arena with a concentration on developing a premier sport-working day knowledge.”
The Brix Taphouse Bar of Jacksonville Beach will be accountable for food and beverages served in the suite, according to the college.
The suite will be offered to all 19 Osprey applications to use during recruiting as effectively as for other college functions. Businesses and other businesses will have an opportunity to lease it for their gatherings, according to UNF Athletics.
UNF Athletics introduced the venture and linked partnership with Jacksonville-based mostly CSI Providers through a June 7 news convention at the arena. It is the UNF athletic department’s biggest collaboration to date, according to a linked information release.
The partnership is a seven-12 months, $2.1 million agreement to pay out for facility advancements supposed to advantage UNF college student-athletes in all the university’s sports activities. The new floor will be named CSI Firms Court.
“The partnership matches our strategy of partaking with regional businesses and developing our athletic division to be the greatest in the ASUN Meeting, and a countrywide brand,” Nick Morrow, UNF director of athletics, mentioned in the news release
University of North Florida Arena renovations
- Address: 11852 UNF Generate
- Area: College of North Florida campus on Jacksonville’s Southside
- Potential: 5,800 seats for sporting functions
- Venture overview: Development of a hospitality suite, set up of a new hardwood court
- Construction started: June
- Operate done: New flooring laid down, hospitality suite walls are up, LED lights mounted
- Projected completion: Mid-Oct for the floor, November for the hospitality suite
- Approximated whole cost: $3.5 million
- Contractors: Stellar for the hospitality suite, Southeastern Companies & Products is setting up the ground and bleachers, CCS Southeast put in the sound procedure, Graybar did the lighting procedure
- Hospitality suite architect: Bhide & Hall